through His Word
by Katy Kauffman
I’ve always thought grace was a beautiful word, something I want to name my daughter if I should have one in the future.
Grace climbs mountains, endures storms, prays for the impossible, and walks with God. Grace faces life’s challenges and trusts God for victory. Grace doesn’t give up. Doesn’t quit.
The grace of God comes to us in many forms—God’s favor for salvation, strength for daily life, endurance through trials, and the desire and ability to do God’s will. “Grace is an inexhaustible storehouse of all that we need to do the assignment that God has given us.”1 God’s grace never runs out because He never gets tired or weary. He is up for the job of loving and helping over 7 billion people on the planet. Whatever we need to live for Him, He is able to provide it.
What form of grace do you need today? “God’s enriching grace supplies us with whatever we need for each round of the good fight and for each segment of the marathon race of life and ministry.”2 If your heart needs some grace today, pick one of the verses below to write on an index card and stick on your mirror. Which one would help you to forge ahead today?
- “Be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.” 2 Timothy 2:1 NKJV*
- “As each one has received a gift, minister it to one another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.” 1 Peter 4:10
- “And He said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.’ Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.” 2 Corinthians 12:9
- “For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God.” Ephesians 2:8
- “Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom which cannot be shaken, let us have grace, by which we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear.” Hebrews 12:28
- “But He gives more grace. Therefore He says: ‘God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble.’” James 4:6
- “But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me was not in vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all, yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.” 1 Corinthians 15:10
- “And God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance for every good work.” 2 Corinthians 9:8
- “Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.” Hebrews 4:16
Grace is God’s power given to God’s people to do God’s work. We don’t have to wonder if we’ll be able to do what God has called us to. Because we have Him, we can do it. And we don’t have to just scrape by, but flourish and thrive under His guidance and in His strength.
Which verse is your favorite? Tell me in the comments below, and may God infuse your heart with all the grace you need!
*All Scripture verses are NKJV.
1 Katy Kauffman, 2 Timothy: Winning the Victory, (Buford, GA: Lighthouse Bible Studies, 2013), page 11.
grace, the grace of God, strength, power, endurance, Door Post Verses: Grace, Katy Kauffman, Lighthouse Bible Studies
© Copyright 2016 by Katy Kauffman