through His Word
by Katy Kauffman
Even when fallen leaves are scattered by ferocious winds, an ember of warmth can reside in the soul. It’s called thankfulness.
Whatever storms come and go in our lives, we can always be grateful for what doesn’t change—the character of God, His sovereign power, and His unfailing love. His perfect wisdom, His turning-things-into-good miracles, and His abiding presence with us.
A small ember of thankfulness can grow into a raging fire in our hearts, a fire that empowers us to keep moving forward in life no matter what we encounter. Because we have seen God work on our behalf in the past, we can trust Him with the future. Because we know His love and provision firsthand, we can rest in His plan and purposes. He is good, and He does good. For that we can be thankful every day.
Enter into His gates with thanksgiving,
and into His courts with praise.
Be thankful to Him, and bless His name.
Psalm 100:4 NKJV
During this Thanksgiving week, what are you thankful for? I’ve thought of some things. I’d like to share them with you, and then tell me in the comments below what you’re thankful for!
I’m thankful for …
· The smiles and hugs of friends
· Listening to God speak through His Word
· Having a family who is also a team
· Gluten-free snacks that taste good
· Having creative outlets like jewelry-making and scrapbooking
· Sunny days and cool, crisp mornings
· Owning multiple copies of God’s Word
· Pastors who speak the truth in love
· The whispered promises of God
· The call to write for God and share what He has taught me
· Networking with other writers to be a force for good in this world
· The peace of God
And let the peace of God rule in your hearts,
to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful.
Colossians 3:15 NKJV
Peace and thankfulness are undeniably linked. We can be thankful to have God’s peace, and His peace abides in us when we are thankful. This Thanksgiving, I pray you rest in the peace of God and flourish in an abiding thankfulness that remembers who God is and what He can do. Happy Thanksgiving!
Don’t forget to tell me what you’re thankful for! (Here’s a link for subscribers to use: leave a comment.)
Check out our other posts in this series:
- Forgiveness by Lauren Craft
- Patience by Laura W. Watts
- Perseverance by Leigh Powers
- Peace by Adria Wilkins
© Copyright 2016 by Katy Kauffman
thankful, thankfulness, Thanksgiving, Door Post Verses: Thankfulness, Katy Kauffman, Lighthouse Bible Studies