through His Word
My new Bible study condenses the stories of twenty-four people of the Bible into one to three devotions per person. Forty devotions in Faith, Courage, and Victory give a fresh look into these well-known and beloved stories, and give a fresh perspective on how we can walk in faith, courage, and victory in our daily Christian lives.
So who’s in the book? People whose stories can help us today. If you’re looking for some help in being persistent, read the story about the Syro-Phoenician woman. If you need to trust God with your future, take encouragement from the story of Abraham leaving his home in Mesopotamia. If you’re trying to stay faithful to God when the world around you is clamoring for something different, be inspired by Daniel’s determination.
Read these devotions in Faith, Courage, and Victory to find practical help:
- When you don’t know how things will turn out – Day 1, Abraham
- After a stumble in faith – Day 2, Abraham; Day 12, Elijah; Days 13-14 Peter
- To overcome doubt and fear – Days 6-7 Moses; Days 8-9 Gideon
- To be persistent in prayer – Day 17, the Syro-Phoenician woman
- To have confidence to do God’s will – Day 18, Deborah
- To make forgiveness your new “song” – Day 19, the woman with alabaster flask
- To remain faithful to God in a “foreign land” – Day 21, Daniel; Day 22, Daniel’s three friends; Day 23, Joseph
- To disarm the enemy – Days 26-28, Nehemiah
- To overcome fear with love and selflessness – Day 31, Esther
- To be motivated to endure – Day 26, Paul
- To stay committed to God’s will – Day 38, Jesus
The stories in this Bible study have helped me to grow in my faith and to trust God for some great things. I don’t know how the future will turn out, but I know that I have a Guide, Father, and Friend in the adventure of life, and He will always be with me. Whatever you’re trusting God for, gain strength from His Word and His presence with you. Let the examples of the men and women of the Bible inspire you to do God’s will with faith and courage. God is willing to do His part to help us walk in victory; let’s do ours.
© Copyright 2015 by Katy KauffmanBible characters, men and women of the Bible, men and women of faith, women’s Bible studies, quiet times, faith, Courage, and Victory, Katy Kauffman, Lighthouse Bible Studies