What we learn sometimes from trying to draw close to certain people:
1. They don’t want you to.
2. You’ll get burned.
3. It will turn into something ugly or burdensome.
4. When you lose the relationship, you’ll drown in loneliness, again.
5. You don’t matter to them.
What we learn when we draw close to God:
1. He wants us to.
2. We will be blessed.
3. It will stay something joyous, beautiful, comforting, honorable, and satisfying.
4. We can’t lose it.
5. We matter to Him and to the members of His family.