- Not able to act independently1
- 2 Timothy 2:26 (NKJV) – “the snare of the devil, having been taken captive by him to do his will”
- Not acting independently of something or someone
- Under the influence of
- Bringing forth fruit of someone else’s design, according to their purposes, and using their methods
- 2 Corinthians 10:5 (KJV) – “bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ”
1. Webster’s New World College Dictionary, 4th ed.(Cleveland, Ohio: Wiley Publishing, Inc., 2008), 219.