And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming. (1 John 2:28 KJV)
confidence – 3954
– freedom in speaking, unreserved in speech
– speaking openly, frankly, and without concealment
– free and fearless confidence, cheerful courage, boldness, assurance
– the deportment by which one becomes conspicuous or secures publicity1
– BK: willing to go public, to speak up, to bring God into the center spotlight
1. Larry Pierce, The Online Bible, CD-ROM (Winterbourne, Ontario: Larry Pierce, 2007), 1 John 2:28.