The New Covenant in the Daily Christian Life (based on Hebrews 8:10-12)
I will put My law in your minds and write it on your hearts.
- I will cleanse how you think and what you value.
- I will displace the sin and wickedness that is inherent in your human heart, with My truth and My ways.
I will be your God, and you shall be My people.
- I will be joined to you, and you to Me.
- I will be God in your life and not you, yourself, nor anyone or anything else.
- I will be your first love, your first priority, and your greatest influence.
- I will commit Myself to ruling and governing and guiding your decisions so that you enjoy My best in life.
They shall all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest.
- I will enter into a personal relationship with you in which you and I become one (John 17:21).
- You will know how I think and share in it.
- You will know what I value and share in it.
- You will know how I want you to live in the situations of your life, and I will enable you to choose My ways and do them.
- You shall know Me.
I will forgive their iniquity and remember their sin no more.
- Not only will I send Jesus to provide an atonement for your sin that will satisfy My righteousness and holiness, but He will also bless you in turning every one of you away from your sin.